Hello my little man, how much you have grown in the past year. I wanted to take a moment and tell you how special you are and how you have enriched the lives of me, your Dad and all the ones that love you so dearly.
- I LOVE your larger than life full face smile. Sometimes my days are harder than others and with one look at you all those worries go away.
- I LOVE your belly giggle. Once you get going you can feel it in your entire body and it's the cutest thing ever!
-I LOVE your sense of adventure! It can be tiring at times chasing you around the house but I can see how much joy it brings you experiencing new things each and every day.
- I LOVE how special you make me feel with just one look. With the raise of an eyebrow, and your million dollar smile, you encompass nothing but love for me, your dad and your sister.
- I LOVE that you LOVE my sweet dance moves and singing skills. You will get older one day and realize they are equally awful, but today I am your singing and dancing idol.
- I LOVE that you allow me to be a kid again, you allow me to be silly and remind me not to care what people might think. In my silliness, I know I brighten your day and that makes every moment worth it.
My sweet little girl. I remember the first moment the Doctors walked down the hallways with you and your brother. The first thing that came out of my mouth was "do we have a girl too?” Knowing you now, I can see why we had such a difficult time getting 100% confirmation of your sex during our ultrasounds. You just wanted to keep a little mystery and surprise for your Daddies. I was praying we would be lucky enough to have a sweet little girl too, and along you came by your brothers side!
You, from a very early age had a sense of independence. I am not sure if this was your way of showing us that it was okay that your brother needed some extra attention, but if it was, I thank you for that.
I would like to share with you some special things I love about you:
- I LOVE being the one to come and get you in the morning. As I sneak into your room, you lift your head and give me the biggest smile a sweet little girl can give. Once I pick you up you wrap your arms around my neck and give me the biggest squeeze your little one year old arms can give. You make me feel so special and loved every morning in that moment we share.
- I LOVE that you love the tickle monster as much I love being your tickle monster. Your excitement and giggles warms our home with so much love.
- I LOVE your sense of being. You seem to be so in touch with everything around you. I often share with people how my sweet little girl is ten steps ahead of all of us.
- I LOVE that you think I am the funniest person you know. With the right look on my face I can fill our days with endless giggles.
- I LOVE opening the front door when I get home and being greeted with a scream of excitement when your Dad says “Daddy’s home.” You will never know how special that makes me feel after a long day of work.
- I LOVE your determination to never give up. While your Brother is stronger at the moment, you’re not willing to let that stop you from doing anything he does. With wobbly legs you stand up right beside your brother with your sweet little smile of satisfaction — “I can do this too Daddy.”
My promise to you, my sweet girl, is very similar to your brother Sawyer. I promise to show you love, compassion and fill your life with support for anything you want to do. I promise I will be by your side through all of life's ups and downs and be there to celebrate your many exciting milestones and successes. I promise to always remind you how special you are to me and everyone around you. I promise you, you will always be Daddies little girl.